Once a teacher sketched a straight line on the drawing board and asked his students to get it shortened without touching and erasing. How would you do it without touching? One intelligent student came and drew a much longer line underneath that line. Now the line became automatically shorter.
When your difficulties appear to be very big, that means you’re focusing on yourself only. Just turn your eyes to others and understand their sufferings and how they are living in worse condition than you. Suddenly, you would feel that your burden is too low and will get your confidence back.
Happiness is something when you don’t let the outside world to interfere in your inner peace and calmness. Happiness is never related to what you’ve or don’t have. Happiness is related to what you really are. Learn the secrets to happiness; take note of following few things:
- You really stand for your soul, not for your ego. Ego is the social mask. It’s easily battered by the situation, failure or by the opinion of others. The soul, that’s your inner spirit remains unharmed— it’s strong, wise, loving and joyful.
- Fear is like a one-sided fence. It may seem daunting and hard to pass through. But when you keep it in backnurner and move ahead, later you will realize that the fence has vanished.
- Many people find it hard to forgive. Because they don’t feel that the wrongdoer or the person who has hurt him deserves forgiveness. Instead of wasting your concentration on that person, forgive that person and bring that concentration back onto yourself. It will set you free from bondage.
- We often love ourselves with strings attached- as soon as we take one misstep, we start to hate or punish ourselves. We need to practice unconditional self-love and acceptance.
- Rather than beating your head for the loss you suffer whether in love, exam or competition, prepare or choose for something better. So that, it won’t stop you from future endeavor or stagnate your life.
- A major part of our life time is wasted in daydreaming, remaining occupied in the past or thinking about taking the control of the future, in the meantime, we fail to understand our present. The present is only real. Try to live in present, take notice of it and enjoy it.
- When you’re experiencing strong feelings like anger, jealus or pain, that never reflect whole of you or your life in entirety. That’s small part of your life. Try to bring back your mind back to normal. Instead of being consumed by those strong emotions, try to observe them or find the way out.